This page is needed if you have lost your BitBox02 and cannot get a new one. In this case you need to use the backup recovery tool in order to extract the 24 recovery words from your microSD card backup so that you can import the 24 recovery words into a different hardware wallet in order to restore access to your wallet.
Only use the backup recovery tool if absolutely necessary as it requires you to plug your microSD card, which contains your wallet backup, into a computer.
This is not recommenced unless absolutely necessary.
In order to use the backup recovery tool, please download the page from Github and run offline!
Backup center instructions
- On an offline computer, download the backup recovery page from Github and run offline!
- Plug your the microSD card that holds your wallet backup into the offline computer.
- Click the "Choose file" button and select the wallet backup file from you microSD card.
- Import the generated BIP-39 seed phrase into a wallet application, such as Electrum.
- Then send your coins to a safe, newly generated wallet, as the original wallet generated by BitBox could now be compromised as you imported it on your normal computer.