We encourage our users to verify our releases. You can follow the signature verification guides for Linux, MacOS, and Windows to verify the authenticity and integrity of your app.
To verify the checksum that's listed on the download page, please follow these steps:
Hint: Some browsers automatically unzip the downloaded file. You'll need to compute the checksum on the downloaded file without unzipping it, this is relevant for the .zip MacOS download. Turn off automatic unzipping in the browser settings in case you notice that your downloads folder does not show the .zip and you get an incorrect checksum.
1. Go to the downloaded file, select it and copy it's path (ctrl-shift-c)
2. Open the command line (CMD)
3. Type in
certutil -hashfile , then rightclick to paste the path, then type
4. Press enter, and compare the output to what's listed on the website
1. Go to your downloads folder
2. Open the terminal
3. Type in
shasum -a 256
4. Drag the downloaded file into the terminal screen
5. Press enter, and compare the output to what's listed on the website
You can follow the MacOS instructions for most linux distributions.