Bitcoin & Litecoin
- The BitBox02 generates wallet addresses according to BIP32 and BIP44 specifications.
- The BIP32 extended master private key is
- BIP 44 specifies the following standard:
m / purpose’ / coin_type’ / account’ / change / address_index
- Purpose is set as follows:
- Segwit (P2WPKH-P2SH) =
- Native Segwit (P2WPKH) =
- Taproot (P2TR) =
- Coin_type is set in accordance to SLIP-44:
- Bitcoin =
- Testnets =
- Litecoin =
- The default account in the BitBoxApp is
0'. Any additional accounts will increment the account field.
0for normal receive addresses.
1for internally generated change addresses.
- Addresses are numbered from index
0in sequentially increasing manner.
m / 44' / 60' / 0' / 0 / account
- Account: The default Ethereum account in the BitBoxApp is
0. Any additional accounts will increment the account field.
- Payment path:
m / 1852' / 1815' / account' / change / address_index
- Stake path:
m / 1852' / 1815' / account' / 2 / 0