- A BitBox02 Multi edition hardware wallet
- The BitBox02 needs to be set up. If it isn’t follow this guide
- If you are using Brave Browser, deactivate the "shield".
Step 1: Setup the BitBox02 Multi
If your BitBox02 is new, set up the device by downloading and installing the BitBoxApp and following the in-app instructions.
Step 2: Install BitBoxBridge
To use your BitBox02 with web wallets such as MyEtherWallet, you need to download and install the BitBoxBridge. The BitBoxBridge is a program that runs in the background and allows the BitBox02 to communicate with web based wallets.
Step 3: Start using MyEtherWallet with the BitBox02
- Go to myetherwallet.com
- Click “Access My Wallet” then choose “Hardware”.
- Select “BitBox” and then “BitBox02”.
- Unlock your BitBox02 by entering the password on the device.
- When using MyEtherWallet for the first time, you will be prompted with a pairing code.
- Confirm on your BitBox02 that the pairing code matches and select “Continue”.
- Now select the account/address you want to use, accept the terms and click “Access My Wallet”.
- Done! You can now use your BitBox02 to send, receive and interact with Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens.
Note: You will be prompted with a pairing code whenever you use the BitBox02 with a new browser or computer.
Note: When selecting the account/address during step 7: The first account is identical to the one used by the BitBoxApp
Safety tip: Always check the URL of MyEtherWallet. The URL should be https://www.myetherwallet.com/