This guide assumes the BitBox02 on which you want to restore a wallet backup is in factory reset state. If you have an entirely new BitBox, you'll first need to install the firmware.
If you want to restore your BitBox02 wallet from your microSD wallet backup, do the following:
- Plug your wallet backup microSD card into your BitBox02.
- Launch the BitBoxApp, plug in your BitBox02 and confirm the device pairing code.
- When asked if you want to create a new wallet or restore from backup, select "Restore from microSD card".
- You will then see a list of backup files stored on the microSD card (usually just one file.)
- Select the wallet backup file that you want to restore your wallet from and click "Restore".
- Choose a BitBox02 device password. You will need this password every time you want to use your BitBox02.
- Confirm today's date on your BitBox02.
- You have successfully restored your wallet and can continue using your BitBox02 as usual.
When done, store your wallet backup microSD card in a safe location.
Note: If you were using the optional passphrase feature, activate it again in the "Manage Device" section, unplug your BitBox02, unlock it using your normal password and then enter the passphrase you were using in order to access your passphrase-protected wallet.