This section explains how you can import your BitBox02 wallet into a different wallet.
This is important in case you loose your BitBox02 and cannot get access to a new BitBox02.
We recommend to only import a wallet created with a BitBox02 on another hardware wallet.
Do not import it in a software wallet such as on a computer or smartphone.
Import BitBox02 wallet from microSD card backup
- Before you can use your wallet backup contained in your microSD card backup you first need to extract the 24 recovery words from it.
- For that you can use our backup recovery tool, see: How to use the backup recovery tool?
- The backup recovery tool is run on your computer which could potentially leak your wallet.
- Read the advice on the backup recovery tool page carefully.
- You should only use the backup recovery tool if absolutely necessary, meaning you cannot get access to a new BitBox02 and you do not have your 24 recovery words written down.
Import BitBox02 wallet from 24 recovery words
- You can use this option if you have written down your 24 recovery words.
- You can then just click “restore” on your new hardware wallet and enter the 24 recovery words to restore your wallet.